A little late, but here’s a round-up of my favourite things in December:
1. Ribena – for anyone who doesn’t know, this is a brand of blackcurrant flavoured fruit cordial/squash. I always forget how much I love it, but I don’t have it very often because it’s very sugary. There is a light/no added sugar version, but it doesn’t taste anywhere near as nice. They also do a mango and lime flavoured one which is pretty much my favourite thing ever at the moment.
2. Lush bubble bars – my favourite is the comforter bubble bar which is a pink/white swirly one which turns the bathwater pink. I always worry about brightly coloured bath products because often they stain, but this one doesn’t despite it’s vivid colour. It isn’t soapy or slimy and it lasts for ages with so many bubbles.
3. 1989 by Taylor Swift – I have been loving this album so much lately, playing it on the way to work to block out the annoying people on the bus, playing it in my room when I’m getting dressed, and in the car on long journeys.
4. Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Colouring Book by Johanna Basford – this is a beautiful colouring book suitable for older children and adults alike. I had been eyeing this up for weeks before I eventually bought it. It’s full of gorgeous line drawings of flowers and garden scenes with sections to be completed yourself and a treasure hunt throughout the book drawing it all together. Colouring is really relaxing and this book is simply stunning. (You can find it here)
5. Scented candles – this is not really an obsession unique to December, but I have to admit it is particularly nice to be able to burn candles when it’s dark and cold outside. I absolutely love Yankee candles because I find their scents to be a lot stronger than normal scented candles. My favourites are citrus scents or other fruits, but I particularly love the spiced orange candles for winter as they remind me of Christmas.
What are your favourite things of the month?