Charlotte from Bits in Blogs kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award. The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who nominated you
2. Answer the questions given to you by your nominator
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers
4. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
Here are my responses to the questions posed to me by Charlotte:
1. What is your favourite book and why?
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. An obvious choice, I guess, but I absolutely love Harry Potter and it will probably always be my favourite series. I chose OotP because it’s the first book I remember getting really excited about when it was first released. I was too young to go to and buy it myself, but my dad promised to bring it home for me and I woke up in the morning and read the whole thing cover to cover that day.
2. If you could gain one skill what would it be?
I would love to be able to play the piano really well. I had keyboard lessons when I was younger, but it was never quite the same as learning the piano and I didn’t particularly enjoy it. I always feel drawn to a piano when I see one and would love to be able to just sit down and play.
3. If you could live anywhere where would it be and why?
This is a tricky one as there are so many places I’d love to visit. I’m not sure I’d like to live abroad though; for all its faults, I sort of like England. I guess, at the moment I’d most like to move to London because it seems to me that everything I want to do is always in London, including my dream job!
4. What makes you angry?
Ignorant and close-minded people.
5. What have you learnt through blogging?
You mean besides all the wonderful books I never would have heard about otherwise? I’ve learnt how to talk about books for a different audience. I’ve learnt about blog tours. Mostly I’ve learnt that no matter how many times the people around me try to put me down, there are always people out there who want to hear what I have to say.
6. Why did you start blogging in the first place?
I don’t really remember. I love writing and sharing ideas so it just sort of happened.
7. Are you right or left handed?
I’m right handed. I have tried a number of times to teach myself to write with my left hand though – just in case. So far, I’ve failed.
8. Name three interesting facts about yourself
This isn’t really a question (sneaky)! I love patterned socks, especially socks with animals on such as foxes, hedgehogs, giraffes etc. I passed my grade 7 singing exam with merit. I used to like the smell of old books, but now I just think they smell weird…
9. What is your motto you live by?
I don’t really have one. If I had to choose something, I suppose it would be “anything is possible” or something along those lines.
10. What do you think is important in life?
Family, friends, love, loyalty, honesty, hard work, laughter, compassion, open-mindedness.
11. If you could be anyone for a day who would you be and why?
Nobody in particular, just someone completely opposite to me so that I could better understand the lives of other people.
My questions for my nominees are:
1. What are your favourite genres to read?
2. If you could visit one country where would you go and why?
3. Who is your favourite female book character and why?
4. How many languages do you speak and what are they?
5. If you could say one thing to your thirteen-year-old self what would you say?
6. Do you have any pets?
7. What are you most looking forward to in February?
8. What is the story behind your blog url?
9. What is your favourite song at the moment?
10. If you were a chocolate bar which one would you be and why?
11. How would you describe your blog in 100 words or fewer?
I’m nominating the following blogs: