January has absolutely flown by for me although I don’t feel that I’ve really accomplished much at all. Looking back, there weren’t that many new or exciting things last month, but here are a few of my favourites:
1. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream perfume – I absolutely love the Marc Jacobs perfumes and have previously had Daisy and Honey. The scents are strong without being overpowering and they don’t have that horrible chemical-y smell that you get with some perfumes. The only downside is that they’re expensive and therefore not something I could justify buying for myself, so this is a real treat. I was given this perfume for Christmas and have been loving it. Also, look how gorgeous that bottle is!
2. The Vampire Diaries – I’ve had a lot of free time recently and decided to make use of my 30 day free Netflix trial so started watching this. At first I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not – it seemed to be a cross between Twilight and Buffy the Vampire Slayer – but it’s grown on me. Even though I can’t help but keep calling one of the vampires (Stefan) Edward in my head… they look pretty similar and fulfil very similar roles.
3. Cadbury’s Creme Eggs – as soon as the Christmas stuff was out of the shops we started getting Easter merchandise. I couldn’t resist and have already had my first creme egg of the year!
4. My every day journal – I have always sucked at keeping a diary, but this year I decided to buy a five-year one line a day journal and so far it’s going really well. It takes a few seconds to write down one significant thing from the day and will be nice to look back over it next year and compare my experiences year on year.
5. Broadchurch – I know I have two TV items on this list, but don’t get the wrong idea; I don’t actually watch a lot of TV, but Broadchurch is fantastic. I’m a bit of a David Tennant fan and I love crime dramas. The first series was great and now the second series is showing on ITV in the UK. Parts of it were also filmed at the University of Exeter, where I used to go, last summer. I was actually picking up my final results on the first day of filming there and had to ask permission to park in the car park on campus whilst we picked them up.