I have acquired a number of new books lately, despite trying not to, so I thought I’d share them with you all.
- Five Go Off in a Caravan by Enid Blyton – I saw this in a charity shop in near perfect condition for £1.25. I love these new 70th anniversary covers and couldn’t resist.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon – Another £1.25 charity shop purchase. I’ve been meaning to read this for a really long time but have never found the opportunity.
- Kentucky Thriller by Lauren St John – I love Lauren St John’s books for older readers, but have never read any of the Laura Marlin Mysteries. I found this in the clearance section at Waterstones where I work for £1 and couldn’t pass it up!
- Shift by Em Bailey – This is an interesting sounding YA title which has caught my eye a few times. There was a copy for £1 in the clearance section, so I took a chance on it.
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling – We had one hardback copy of the original children’s edition cover left at work and it had been sat there for a few years. These covers are no longer in print and it just so happens that this was the one book I didn’t have in the children’s cover. It seemed a little like fate that it was still there after so long so I bought it to complete my collection fully.
- Crow Mountain by Lucy Inglis – I was sent this by Chicken House and I’m pretty excited to get stuck in.
- Darkmere by Helen Malin – Another one I was sent by Chicken House. This is not something I would usually pick up, but I’m trying to read more widely, so I’m going to give it a go!
- Starboard by Lucy Hounsom – This is a chunky new fantasy with a female protagonist. I haven’t read much female-orientated fantasy so I have high hopes for this.
- The Girl With All the Gifts by M. J. Carey – This has been on my wishlist for a while and I finally found an old proof hidden away at the back of a shelf at work.
- The Princess and the Foal by Stacy Gregg – I don’t know why, but I’m in the mood to read horse stories at the moment so picked this one up.
- Suicide Notes From Beautiful Girls by Lynn Weingarten – A new YA title which sounds intriguing!
All in all, this was a really low-key haul, with many cheap and/or free books, so I don’t feel too guilty about it.