Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week we’re listing our top ten ‘auto-buy’ authors (authors you’ll buy any new book from regardless what it’s about). I have to say, I don’t think I really have many of these, so we’ll see how it goes…
1. J.K. Rowling – Do I really have to explain this one?
2. Robin Stevens – Author of the Murder Most Unladylike mystery series which I LOVE. I would probably auto-buy her future books until I find one I don’t like!
3. Patrick Ness – If it’s YA, then absolutely. I haven’t read his books for adults so I can’t comment on that, but I’d seriously consider any future adult works as well.
4. Louise O’Neill – I love love love what she’s doing right now! Both Only Ever Yours and the forthcoming Asking For It are fantastic and I’m looking forward to seeing what she does next.
5. Sarah J. Maas – although I haven’t yet read all of the Throne of Glass series (I’m getting there, ok?) she’s on my radar now!
6. Jandy Nelson – I love her writing and could genuinely read it all day every day and never get bored.
7. Melissa Grey – Her debut, The Girl at Midnight is one of the best books I’ve read this year and I can’t wait for the sequel.
8. Maria Dahvana Headley – author of the magical debut, Magonia. Ditto the above.
9. John Green – I like some of his books more than others, but either way I’m curious to see how he’ll follow the success of The Fault in Our Stars.
10. Moira Fowley-Doyle – author of The Accident Season. Another debut author, but one I want to see more from in the future.
I actually found this easier than I thought I would. I’m not sure I would absolutely auto-buy every book by these authors, but they’re all on my mental ‘ones to watch’ list and I’d have to have a pretty good reason not to give any future releases a try! The most exciting part of this list for me is the number of new/debut authors on it – I’ve had a great year for discovering new favourites and I’m looking forward to 2016.